Aside from the three S – sun, sea and sand, when you spend the long weekend in an island full of fishermen, you’ll definitely indulge in another S – seafood. Thus, ’twas seafood galore when we recently spent the weekend at Masirah Island. Here are the top 5 that Alice and the kids really loved from the island:
1. Lobster Thermidor. Big steamed lobster baked with mushrooms and cheese. Well, it’s not really that big since it’s a lobster. And for the family, there’s no such thing as a big lobster. This is definitely tops.
2. Shrimp Cocktail. Now I proved that each and every member of the family is a sucker for the most popular crustacean, no matter what the size is. Especially if they’re mixed with mayonnaise and greens (and even eggs).
3. Seafood Platter. What’s better than seafood? Mixed seafood! Especially if there’s fish, shrimp and squid in there. Put in some great sauce on top and it’s definitely a hit.
4. Fish and Chips. The good old recipe. All time favourite. More tartare sauce please!
5. Lasagne Bolognaise. Okay, too much seafood is also not good. Bring some pasta for variety. This one’s a hit for the kids.
teachers for most of the last 15 years... into educational technology, e-learning and quality assurance. builds scale models of cars and robots, and experiments in photography in spare time. loves to travel and explore new places with family.
You can be first to leave a comment
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers